Live chat / Video chat / Human takeover
This component is the driving force behind your real time interactions with your audience. Setting up this component is a prerequisite for real time interaction.
- Lets start with adding the component to conversation flow
- You need to be inside Builder –> Conversation
- Click on “Add new component” –> Select “Live chat / Human takeover”
- This will show the component configurations to be setup
- Check the options you want to use.
- Check Live chat for using only Text chat with agent
- Check Video chat for using only Video chat with agent
- Check both to use Text and Video chat
- Format the button name and button style as per your need or you can continue with default label
Step 2: Setup Live Assistant
- Setup various messages to be used to inform visitor during the chat conversation
- Welcome Message: Displayed to visitor once they request for live / video chat
- Offline Message: Displayed to visitor if Agents are offline or did not answered the request
- Takeover Message: Displayed to visitor if Agent starts the human takeover
- Video Chat Message: Displayed to visitor once Video chat request is accepted by agent
- Assigned Message: Displayed to visitor on accepting live chat request by agent
- Now Click Next, in this step we will assign the agent to chat interface so they can start getting the incoming notifications for Live Chat, Video Chat and Chat Initiated
- Click on button “Add new user”, this will show some fields to enter the agent details
- Enter the required details
- Name: Agent Name
- Email: Agent email, same will be used to send the credentials to login
- Max Chats: Number of maximum chat conversations agent can have parallel
- Role: Use ‘Agent’ to only give access to Agent Dashboard. Or Use ‘Admin’ to give access to complete product
- Select Chat interface: Select a chat interface to assign to an agent. You can assign to multiple interfaces where agent needs to be assigned. If agent is already assigned to other interface, you can see here.
- Click on button ‘Add’, this will assign the new agent to chat interface.
- It is also possible to delete or edit existing agent using pencil and trash icons in front of each record
- Click ‘Next’, in this step we will setup the offline form. Offline form is displayed if the Agent is offline or does not accept the incoming request. Provided, offline form needs to be activated. If not active, chat flow will continue to show the next component to visitor.
- Click button ‘Finish’ this will save the settings for “Live Assistant”
Step 3: Chat Message
- Write your own message to show to the visitor
- Additionally you can show buttons ‘Skip, and ‘back’
- Finally, save the component settings by pressing ‘Save’ button
How this component works?
- Once component is setup as per above steps, Live assistant will start working for your chat interface.
- Agents can now start using the Agent Dashboard to receive and answer incoming notifications for live assistant
- There are basically 3 types of notifications can come
- New chat initiated – Comes when visitor performs the first action on chat interface
- Live Chat request – Comes when visitor specifically request for the live chat
- Video chat request – Comes when visitor specifically request for the video chat
Will cover in more detail on how to use Agent Dashboard in other article