This component allows us to accept email address inputs from customers. It also validates the input provided by the user for the correct email address format. The accepted format is: email@example.com
If entered value of the email is not matching the required format, then an error message will be displayed. You can configure this error message as well.
- Lets start with adding the component to conversation flow
- You need to be inside Builder –> Conversation
- Click on “Add new component” –> Select “E-mail request”
- This will show the component configurations to be setup
- Write your own message to show to the visitor
- Additionally you can show buttons ‘Skip, and ‘back’
- Use the “tags” dropdown to select required contact tag to qualify – This is recommended to use as email is the most important contact information of any customer.
- so if you don’t check contacts checkbox then answer will not be shown in Contacts list but still be available in Conversations list
- You can also configure the error message for invalid email input
- Finally, save the component settings by pressing ‘Save’ button