Use the knowledge base feature to create FAQ pages or help pages.
Each separate page is called a knowledge article.
You can show these knowledge articles in the chat widget.
Users can click on these articles and do self-service.
Creating Knowledge Articles:
- To create any article first have at least one category created for the knowledge base
- To create a category, go to –> “Knowledge Base” from the navigation bar
- Click on create category – Enter category name, Save
- Category is now created and available in the category list.
- Now to create an article, click on “Create Article”
- This will show you the create article page. Enter the required details:
- Select a category for the article
- Create tags, these tags will be useful to search for an article by users using related keywords
- Enter the title of the article – e.g., “How to use help pages”
- Finally write a description of the article. Use the text editor given to format the content as per requirement.
- Use the “Insert” menu of the editor if you want to insert an image, video, hyperlink, etc.
- Use various formatting options given to format the content like font, font style, font size, lists, alignment, text colors, etc.
- Once the content is ready, you can “Publish” the article using the button “Publish”
- If the content is not ready you can save content and publish later using the button “make as draft”
- Use “cancel” if you do not wish to save anything
- Once an article is saved as a draft or published it will be available in the list under each category.
Using external webpage as an article content
- It is also possible to create an article and load the content from an external web page.
- Refer screenshot below, the content is loaded from an external webpage URL
- To do this, simply copy and paste the external URL in the field “Load from external URL”
- You will instantly see the preview of the external web page when you insert the full URL in the field.
- If you want to open an external web page in a new tab, check “new tab” if you want to open the webpage inside the widget itself, uncheck the “new tab”
- Finally, Publish the article to use inside the chat widget
Adding knowledge articles to the chat widget:
- Go to the chat interface where you want to show the knowledge base
- Go to Builder – Settings – Knowledge Base
- Select knowledge articles from the list which you want to show inside the chat widget
- Now, to enable the knowledge base card go to Builder – Settings – Widget settings
- Pre-requisite to show the knowledge base is the “Welcome screen”, Scroll down to enable the welcome screen
- To show the search articles card, enable “Search for help”. You can change labels as necessary.
- To show the Knowledge base card, enable “knowledge base card”. You can update the title and description of the card as necessary. Also, you can adjust the color of the knowledge base card icon.
- Save Widget settings, your output will look like below